We affirm the historic Christian faith and proclaim the life-transforming Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. The Gospel is the good news, the very best news anyone can hear.
1. The one living God, who eternally exists in three Persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit loves everyone.
2. God uniquely revealed and inspired the Bible, so that it alone is God's Word written, hence the Holy Scriptures are the only inerrant authority for what we believe about God's moral law, salvation from sin and how we should live.
3. Since the willful disbelief and disobedience of Adam and Eve, all humans have inherited a sin nature and have sinned against God. Therefore, as transgressors of God's righteousness, man is under condemnation and completely incapable of pleasing God. Every person is needful of forgiveness and reconciliation to God. Only the grace of God can bring man into His Holy fellowship and enable man to fulfill the creative purpose of God. The sacredness of human personality is evident in that God created man in His own image, and in that Christ died for man; therefore, every person of every race possesses full dignity and is worthy of respect and Christian love.
4. Jesus' death in our place reconciles us to God. His atoning sacrifice provided redemption from the power of sin, forgiveness for our guilt, and reconciliation to Himself and others. We become acceptable to God, or justified, not by works, but by the grace of God alone, through faith in Christ alone. We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, death on the cross to provide for our redemption, bodily resurrection and ascension into heaven, present ministry of intercession for us, and His return to earth in power and glory.
5. The Holy Spirit convicts of sin, draws sinners to repentance, comforts believers, enables the understanding of Scriptures, belief in the Gospel and trust in the risen Christ of whom He speaks. The Holy Spirit then assures believers of salvation, gives them gifts for servant ministries, and empowers the believer and the church in worship, evangelism and service. He seals the believer unto the day of final redemption.
6. All believers in the Lord Jesus Christ are members of His body called the Church. Its unity is displayed when we reach beyond racial and denominational lines to demonstrate the Gospel's reconciling power.
7. Christian baptism is an ordinance to be observed in obedience of the Lord's command. It symbolizes the believer's faith in a crucified, buried, and risen Savior and the believer's death to sin, the burial of the old life and the resurrection to walk in newness of life in Christ Jesus. The method for scriptural baptism is immersion. It should not be regarded as a means for imparting grace or salvation.
8. The Lord's Supper or communion is an ordinance to be observed in obedience of the Lord's command. It is a symbolic act whereby members of the church, through partaking of the bread and the fruit of the vine, remember the death of the Redeemer and anticipate His second coming. It should not be regarded as a means for imparting grace or salvation.
9. The first day of the week is the Lord's Day. It is a Christian institution for regular observance. It commemorates the resurrection of Christ from the dead and should include exercises of worship and spiritual devotion, both public and private. Activities on the Lord's Day should be commensurate with the Christian's conscience under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
10. Our primary calling is to communicate the Gospel to everyone in our generation and nurture disciples. Nothing must divert us from carrying out our Lord's great commission until His glorious return to reign in righteousness.
11. Camp Chaparral Baptist Assembly is a co-laboring ministry that works in conjunction with our local area association of churches and other affiliates. Our facilities and resources are for the purposes of growing the Kingdom of God and ministering along side His church.